Home>> BBQ Tofu-Stuffed Pita Pockets
This quick and nutritious meal is vegan-friendly and protein-packed! Try this BBQ Tofu-stuffed pita pocket brought to us by Brit and Co.
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) chopped white onion
- 12 ounces (375 grams) firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) vegan BBQ sauce
- 2 medium pita pockets, halved
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) vegan mayonnaise
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) alfalfa sprouts or microgreens
1. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add the oil and onion and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add the tofu cubes
and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown.
2. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the vegan BBQ sauce and stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the tofu is coated and the sauce has thickened slightly. Remove from the heat.
3. Evenly divide the vegan mayonnaise, lettuce, carrot, sprouts, and tofu among the 4 pita halves. Serve immediately.