Home>> Corned Beef and Cabbage
An Irish Classic, Corned Beef and Cabbage is the perfect dish to whip up in honor of St. Patrick’s Day. With over 1.2k reviews and 4.5 Stars this recipe from AllRecipes will be sure to wow your guests, or your family!
- 1 (3 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 10 small red potatoes
- 5 medium carrots
- 1 large head cabbage
- Place corned beef in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Add spice packet, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until corned beef is just about fork-tender, about 2 hours.
- While the corned beef is simmering, cut potatoes in half. Peel carrots and cut into 3-inch pieces. Cut cabbage into small wedges.
- When corned beef has cooked for 2 hours, add potatoes and carrots; cook until vegetables are almost tender and meat is fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Add cabbage and cook until tender, about 15 more minutes.
- Remove meat and let rest for 15 minutes. Leave broth and vegetables in the Dutch oven.
- Slice meat across the grain. Serve with vegetables and broth.