Home>> Easy Breakfast Egg Bites
These easy breakfast egg muffins are perfect for a healthy and filling way to start off your morning! Delicious Meats Healthy brings us a quick and simple recipe for these delectable breakfast bites.
- 1 red bell peppers, finely diced
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 8 large eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, optional – omit for Paleo
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 strips of cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a muffin tin with silicone muffin molds or paper liners. If you are not using any muffin molds, make sure you spray the muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Saute peppers, shredded carrots, and onion in a skillet over medium heat until tender.
- In a large mixing bowl crack the eggs and lightly beat with a whisk. (don’t overbeat them if you want to have fluffy egg muffins). Add the salt and pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Add sauteed vegetables (or mix and match with your favorite vegetables) and cheese to the whisked eggs, and toss to combine. If you want you can also add some crumbled-cooked bacon.
- Fill each muffin mold with the vegetable egg mixture so that each is filled to about 3/4 full. Be careful not to overfill each muffin cup. You can add extra cheese and top each cup with about 1 Tbsp shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until muffins are set, cooked through, and lightly golden. They will puff in the oven but sink upon cooling. Allow muffins to cool in a pan on top of a wire rack for about 5 minutes before removing.
TIPS & NOTES
- Make sure you chop the vegetables in small and evenly sized pieces. Otherwise, the muffins might fall apart when you eat them.
- Don’t over-whisk the eggs for too long if you want light and fluffy egg muffins.
- Fill the muffin cups only 3/4 otherwise, they can overflow while baking.
- Let the cooked breakfast muffins cool before you remove them from the muffin pan and serve them.
Serving: 77g | Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 355mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1438IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg