Home>> Healthy Chicken Fajita Tacos
This is an incredibly nutritious take on a fan favorite! Enjoy this high protein, 30-minute dinner for your next meal, also great for meal prepping. This recipe is brought to us by JarOfLemons.
Ingredients for Healthy Chicken Fajita Tacos
Chicken Fajita Tacos
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 2 Tablespoon salsa (divided)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 medium bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves (optional, for topping)
- 1/2 medium lime, quartered (optional)
Instructions For Healthy Chicken Fajita Tacos
- Heat the tortillas up in a pan or directly over the stove and set aside.
- Mix the chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
- Heat up 1 Tablespoon of the avocado oil in a skillet or pan.
- Place the chicken in the pan along with 1/2 of the seasoning mix and 1 Tablespoon of the salsa.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through and stirring as needed until fully cooked.
- Set the chicken aside.
- Add the remaining oil along with the garlic and sliced onion to the pan, then cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the sliced bell peppers, remaining seasoning mix, and remaining salsa.
- Continue to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the chicken back in and stir until evenly warm.
- Remove from heat and fill each tortilla with the chicken fajita mixture.
- Mix the cream sauce together (optional).
- Top each chicken fajita taco with cream sauce, cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice!
- Use salsa to cook the meat. This is the secret to the BEST ever chicken fajita meat!
- Also use salsa to cook the veggies. Basically just salsa for everything! It really brings this recipe to life.
- Leave the “burned” or brown bits in the pan after cooking the chicken. The flavor will soak into the oil and fajita veggies, giving them a deep, smoky, delicious flavor!
- Add more oil or salsa as needed to prevent sticking.
Serving: 2 Tacos | Calories: 349 kcal | Carbohydrates: 32 g | Protein: 29 g | Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 74 mg | Sodium: 1103 mg | Potassium: 763 mg | Fiber: 6 g | Sugar: 5 g | Vitamin A: 2491 IU | Vitamin C: 82 mg | Calcium: 90 mg | Iron: 2 mg
Tried this Recipe? Mention @jar.of.lemons or tag #JarOfLemons!