HERO Mortgage Program
Geneva Financial is committed to America’s every day heroes.
We carry multiple HERO mortgage products, including a 2% down payment assistance program for the following designations:
All First Responders: Police, Firefighters, EMT
Medical Professionals: Doctors, Nurses
Active Duty and Veteran Military
Homes for Heroes Approved Lender
This nearly nationwide* program is designed to provide down payment assistance equal to 2% of the purchase price to a wide variety of eligible borrowers.
>>> An outline of the program is below. If you or someone you know is a hero and might be able to benefit from this product, please reach out to one of our loan officers in your area for a complimentary consultation.
• A simple one-step process: the application is streamlined for the borrower, using the 1003 they have already completed!
• DPA is a grant equal to 2% of purchase price
• May be combined with up to 6% seller concession for closing costs
• No resale or borrower repayment restrictions
• Minimum qualifying credit score: 580
• Can be used with the FHA 203(b) program or any of our FHA renovation programs, as well as the One-Time Close program
*Not available in Hawaii and Washington
ELIGIBLE BORROWERS (Any one of the following)
• Total borrower’s income is equal to or less than 140% of the median area income
• First-time home buyers
• Any borrower on the loan application who is a current, retired volunteer, or non-paid:
– First-responder: police officer, firefighter, public safety officer, paramedic, or emergency medical (EMT), including volunteers or similar – Educator – Medical personnel: nurse, doctor, phlebotomist, or health ambassador, or hospital, American Red Cross worker, or similar – Civil servant in a federal, state, or local municipality – Military personnel