Home>> Honey Brick Toast
This is the perfect sweet dessert to make your special someone this month! Try it after dinner, or for breakfast in bed! Brought to us by SpoonForkBacon.
Honey Brick Toast
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons honey plus extra for drizzling
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 slices thick cut brioche
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups soft to medium whipped cream
- coconut flakes toasted, optional
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Place butter, condensed milk and honey into mixing bowl and whisk together until fully combined. Add egg yolk, vanilla and salt and continue to whisk together. Set aside.
- Make diamond patterned diagonal cuts through each slice of bread (about 1 inch apart), making sure not to slice completely through to the bottoms.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons honey batter over each slice of bread until fully covered.
- Transfer brioche onto a parchment lined baking sheet about 1/2 inch apart (may need 2 baking sheets).
- Allow brioche to sit for about 10 minutes, then transfer to the oven and bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until brioche has to a golden brown.
- While brioche is toasting, combine strawberries, lemon juice and sugar into another mixing bowl and toss together.
- Remove from oven and cool, about 10 minutes.