Wondering how to make a 4th of July slab pie? Celebrate your favorite summer holiday with our star-spangled pie recipe. This easy-prep dish comes together with Pillsbury™ Pie Crust and fresh fruit flavors for a refreshing treat. If you’re looking to make it fancy, top this 4th of July berry slab pie with pie crust stars to add a dazzling touch. This recipe brought to us by Pillsbury™
- 3crusts from 2 boxes (14.1 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 Count), softened as directed on box
- 1/4cup sugar
- 2packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 2containers (6 oz each) Yoplait® Original lemon burst yogurt
- Juice and grated peel of 1 lemon (3 tablespoons juice and 1 teaspoon peel)
- 6cups assorted berries (sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- 1cup strawberry glaze (from 13.5-oz container)
- Heat oven to 450°F. Remove 2 of the pie crusts from pouches. Unroll and stack on lightly floured surface. Roll to 17×12-inch rectangle. Fit crust into ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing into corners. Fold crust even with edges of pan. Prick crust several times with fork.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove another pie crust from pouch. On lightly floured surface, unroll crust. Roll to 12-inch circle. Cut stars using 1-, 1 1/2- and 2-inch cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on large ungreased cookie sheet. Brush with water; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet. Remove to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, the cream cheese, yogurt, lemon juice and lemon peel with electric mixer on high speed until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly into crust-lined pan. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chilled.
- In large bowl, mix berries and glaze until well blended. Spoon berry mixture evenly on top of cream cheese-topped pie crust. Place pie crust stars on top of berry mixture.
More Healthy Summer Favorites