This sticky and sweet popcorn is perfect for an at home movie night. This recipe is brought to us by THE CHEW.
- 12 cups Popped Popcorn
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Line two baking sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper sprayed with baking spray.
- Place the popcorn in an extra-large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepot. Add the sugar, corn syrup, and salt and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda. Once incorporated, stir in the walnuts and cranberries. Pour the mixture over the popcorn and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Break into pieces and serve.
Remove any un-popped kernels before you begin. Spray the baking sheet and the wooden spoon with cooking spray before you begin the cleaning process. This recipe was originally published on “The Chew” as “Sticky and Sweet Popcorn“. Tune in to “The Chew” every day at 1 pm EST on ABC.