A refreshing hearty steak salad is the perfect healthy dinner option for a warm summer night. This delicious recipe is brought to us by Spoon Fork Bacon
bleu cheese dressing
- ▢½ cup plain yogurt
- ▢¼ cup sour cream
- ▢¼ cup crumbled bleu cheese
- ▢2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ▢1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- ▢salt and pepper to taste
- ▢2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil or avocado oil
- ▢2 (12 ounce) grass-fed, boneless NY steaks (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- ▢4 small heirloom (or vine-ripe tomatoes), quartered
- ▢2 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- ▢8 strawberries, hulled and halved
- ▢2 corn on cob, charred and removed from cobb
- ▢½ seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- ▢6 to 8 fresh mint leaves
- ▢⅔ cup crumbled bleu cheese
- ▢Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator and allow them to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Generously season each steak with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons water to adjust consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- Add oil and swirl around the skillet. Add steaks to skillet and sear on each side for 2 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and cook for about 7-8 minutes for medium-rare and 9-10 minutes for medium. Remove steaks from the oven and transfer them to a cutting board.
- Allow steaks to cool, about 30 minutes. Tightly wrap each steak in foil and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
- To serve: Remove foil from steaks and slice into 1/2 inch pieces. Spread steak pieces onto a platter, lightly season with salt and pepper, and line with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with bleu cheese dressing on the side and allow guests to grab however much or little they want from the platter.
Saturated Fat: 13g
Vitamin A: 1069IU
Vitamin C: 24mg
More Healthy Summer Favorites