Home >> Veggie and Hummus Sandwich
Whole grain bread is layered with fresh hummus, spinach, cucumber, avocado, tomato, red onion, sprouts and cheese, brought to us by Cooking Classy. This is a delicious sandwich and could be scaled down to pack for a short road trip!
- 4 slices hearty whole grain bread, toasted
- 1/3 cup hummus, see notes for recipe
- 2 slices havarti or provolone cheese (optional)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup peeled and grated carrots
- 8 peeled cucumber slices
- 6 avocado slices
- 4 tomato slices
- Small handful sliced red onion (optional), rinsed under water
- 1/2 cup broccoli or alfalfa sprouts
- For the sandwiches: Spread hummus over bread slices. Divide sandwich ingredients over two of the slices, season lightly with salt to taste (preferably over the tomato or cucumber layer).
- Top with remaining slices. Serve immediately.
More Road Trip Friendly Options: