This delicious recipe will be sure to dazzle your tastebuds, combining apples, cinnamon, greek yogurt, and honey, this is a great way to treat yourself! Our recipe this week was crafted by Sarah Ashley Schiear
- 4 Honeycrisp or other tart-crisp apples
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. coconut palm or brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 16 ounces Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey, plus more for drizzling, if desired
Toasted Oat and Walnut Topping:
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Pinch of flaky sea salt (such as Maldon) to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place oats on a baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes. Add the walnuts and toast for another 15 minutes, tossing once in between.
- Meanwhile, peel, core and cut apples into 8 wedges each. In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cornstarch mixture and salt. Stir in apples and gently mix until evenly coated.
- Remove oats and walnuts and place in a bowl. Combine with coconut oil, honey and sea salt.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°. Place apples in a baking dish or sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes, tossing once in between.
- Combine yogurt and honey in a bowl. Serve warm apples with yogurt and oat topping.