Home>> Best Sushi Bake
Unfamiliar with the idea of sushi bake? This recipe from The Big Man’s World is sure to make you fall in love with this trending new take on a classic cuisine!
What’s so great about sushi bake?
- It’s easy to customize. You can swap the seafood, add avocado, make it extra spicy, or swap the rice for this keto rice instead. There are no rules. It’s your sushi bake!
- No rolling needed. Everything gets assembled and then layered in a single casserole dish, so you save time and have less cleanup.
- Healthy. Imitation crab is just white fish, so it’s rich in protein, low in fat, and has healthy omega-3s.
- 1 cup sushi rice cooked
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 5 sheets nori
- 1 cup imitation crab
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup spicy mayo
- Preheat the oven to 220C/440F.
- Mix the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl and wait for the sugar and salt to dissolve. Pour the mixture over the cooked rice and mix well.
- In a skillet, toast the sesame seeds until golden, on low heat. Mix it with 1 crumbled seaweed sheet and place aside.
- In a medium bowl combine soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, cream cheese, and mayo. Mix well and add chopped crab. Combine everything and set it aside.
- In a rectangular baking pan spread the sushi rice, pressing it down. Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds followed by a cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle more sesame seeds on top.
- Bake the sushi for 10-15 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Remove the baked sushi from the oven and decorate with more spicy mayo and fresh cucumber slices and serve on the rest of the seaweed sheets.
TO STORE: Transfer your cooked sushi bake to an airtight container, or cover the baking dish in foil, and store in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. Keep the nori separate until you’re ready to serve. TO REHEAT: Transfer the sushi bake back to a baking dish and bake it, covered, at 177°C for 10-12 minutes or until it’s fully reheated. You can also microwave your leftovers in 20-second intervals until warm.