Home>> Cinnamon Roll in a Mug
Looking for a great way to enjoy a delectable treat, guilt-free? This single-serve cinnamon roll in a mug is the perfect recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth! The recipe is brought to us by I Am Baker.
- 1½ tablespoons salted butter, melted (set aside)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk, I prefer whole milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk, (can also use heavy cream)
- Add the flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, milk, vanilla, and melted butter to a small bowl and stir until combined.
- One the dough is solid, drop onto a clean and slightly floured surface.
- Use your hands to flatten dough into a rectangle .
- In a small bowl, melt the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon for about 1 minute. (Depending on how cold your butter is.) Stir well.
- Pour filling over dough rectangle and then roll up into a cinnamon roll shape.
- Place roll into mug (I prefer to use a standard size mug, nothing too wide). Make sure your mug is sprayed with non-stick spray or greased.
- Heat roll in microwave for 90 seconds. If the dough appears WET on top, it may need to heat for a few more seconds. (10 second increments.) If the dough appears dry the cinnamon roll is done. You can also test with a toothpick.
- Stir confectioners sugar and milk together in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour over warm cinnamon roll in the mug or invert the roll onto a plate and pour glaze over top.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.