Home>> Coconut Peanut Butter Bars
You just crushed your workout for the day. Now you’re starving but don’t want to undo all the progress you made with your at-home workout. Good news! These coconut and chocolate peanut butter protein bars from Ambitious Kitchen are both delicious and the perfect post-workout snack!
- 1/2 c. natural peanut butter (just peanuts + salt)
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1/3 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 c. oats
- 1/2 c. vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. chocolate chips + 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Fancy sea salt for sprinkling
- Heat peanut butter, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla in a saucepan over low heat. Mix together until well combined and smooth, then remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in protein powder until smooth, then fold in oats, chia seeds, coconut, and dried cherries, if using. Place in an 8×4 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut in a small saucepan and place over low heat until melted. Drizzle over the tops of the bars. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour before removing from pan and cutting into 10 bars or squares. Store bars in the fridge tightly wrapped or in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.