Home>> French Toast Bake
Perfect for the holidays, and feeding a large crowd this French Toast Bake will be a true holiday treat to start off the morning. Brought to us by LoveandLemons.
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup almond milk, or any milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 10 to 12 1-inch slices challah bread, about 1 loaf, cut on a slight diagonal
- Non-stick spray or olive oil
For the topping:
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ heaping teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils, or desired fruit
- Maple syrup, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray or olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together the 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture and overlap them, slightly tilted, in the baking dish. If one side of your loaf is higher than the other, alternate the slices as you place them in the dish so the tops are vertically equal. This will help them bake and brown more evenly. Sprinkle with the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture and bake for 30 minutes or until the eggs are set and the top is golden brown and crisp.
- Top with the toasted almonds and fruit and serve with maple syrup, if desired.