Home>> Grilled Chicken Kabobs
After you have spruced up your backyard, its time to invite folks over! What better recipe than a classic grilled chicken kabob! Try out this recipe from Dinner At The Zoo.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 red onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Place the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken, bell peppers, zucchini and red onion to the bowl. Toss to coat in the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Thread the chicken and vegetables onto the skewers.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Broiler instructions: Preheat the broiler. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray. Place the skewers in a single layer on the sheet pan. Broil for 5 minutes, then flip the skewers and broil on the other side for 5 more minutes.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 420mg | Potassium: 791mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 1145IU | Vitamin C: 106.5mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1.6mg