Home>> Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
This delicious recipe is perfect for a labor day weekend cookout, or whenever you are in the mood for a flavorful dinner! This recipe is brought to us by, Dinner At The Zoo.
For the chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup pineapple slices fresh or canned
For the coconut rice
- 1 cup white rice I prefer short grain for this recipe
- 1 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- cilantro leaves and lime wedges for garnish optional
- Chop up chicken tenders into small 1-inch or smaller pieces and place in a bowl.
- Pour Buffalo Sauce over chicken and mix to coat.
- Put 1/4 of the buffalo chicken, blue cheese, and lettuce into each wrap.
- Wrap each tortilla and secure with a toothpick if desired.
- Enjoy immediately or store up to 3 days in the refrigerator and enjoy cold or with reheating directions above.
- For the chicken: Combine the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, coconut milk, and pineapple juice, then pour into a container or resealable bag.
- Add the chicken and marinate anywhere from 2-24 hours.
- Heat the grill to medium. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill for 6-7 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the pineapple to the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Arrange the pineapple and chicken on a serving plate.
- For the rice: Bring the coconut milk and water to a boil. Add in the salt and rice. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 18 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar.
- Serve the chicken and pineapple with coconut rice. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro if desired.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 568kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 743mg | Potassium: 640mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 785IU | Vitamin C: 44.4mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2.7mg