Home>> Healthy Breakfast Pizza
Eating healthy does not mean you have to sacrifice taste. This healthy breakfast pizza recipe is a great option to start the morning off right. Brought to us by EatThis.com, this breakfast is high in protein and packed with nutrients.
- 1⁄2 Tbsp butter
- 6 eggs, beaten (Can use egg whites if preferred)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 oz ham, cut into thin strips
- 4 whole wheat or multigrain English muffins, split and lightly toasted (can sub for gluten-free)
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 cup shredded low-fat Jack or Cheddar cheese (can sub for vegan or dairy free cheese)
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick pan.
- When the butter is fully melted, season the eggs with salt and pepper, then add to the pan, along with the ham strips.
- Cook, using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to keep stirring the eggs as they set.
- Remove the pan from the heat about 30 seconds before the eggs are fully done (they’ll continue to cook in the pan and in the oven).
- Slather each English muffin half with a good spoonful of salsa.
- Divide the eggs among the English muffins, then top with the cheese.
- Place all the English muffins on a baking sheet and broil (6″ from the heat is ideal) until the cheese is fully melted and browned around the edges.
Nutrition: Calories: 330, Protein 30g
Here are a few other combinations (all include scrambled egg as part of the creation) that will get your day off to a rousing start. No more boring, basic eggs here!
- Pesto, mozzarella, and a few slices of tomato
- Marinara, provolone or fontina cheese, and shredded chicken
- Guacamole, Swiss, turkey, and tomato
- Grilled chicken and arrabbiata sauce (spicy tomato sauce)
- Kale and ricotta cheese
- Bacon and asparagus
- Leeks and grilled zucchini