Home>> Lemon Ginger Turmeric Wellness Shots
5-ingredient wellness shots with anti-inflammatory benefits, a mega-dose of vitamin C, and a delicate balance of flavors to create the ultimate juice to boost immunity! Brought to us by Minimalist Baker.com
- 1 small orange (add 1-2 more oranges for added sweetness / omit and add another lemon for less sweetness!)
- 2 small lemons (add 1-2 more lemons for more acidity / reduce by half and add another orange for less acidity!)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh turmeric (peeling optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh ginger (peeling optional)
- 1/8 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/4 tsp oil (such as extra virgin, optional / to help improve turmeric absorption)
- JUICER: To a juicer, add orange, lemon, turmeric, and ginger (depending on the juicer, you may need to peel the orange and lemon – our Hurom does recommend peeling before juicing, so that’s what we did).
- BLENDER: Add turmeric and ginger to a high-speed blender or small blender. We prefer the Nutribullet. Then add the juice of the orange and the lemons (this helps the mixture blend easier, and removes the pulp/rind). A juicing tool like this or this can help! Blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Add a little water if it has trouble blending but you shouldn’t need any. Then strain through a clean thin dish towel, small fine mesh strainer, or nut milk bag. Just be aware that turmeric can stain.
- FOR SERVING: Divide between serving glasses and enjoy! For maximum benefits, enjoy immediately and top with fresh cracked black pepper. One commenter also recommended adding a little fat to improve turmeric absorption, such as olive oil!
- FOR STORING: Store any leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 24 hours (though best when fresh).
- LEFTOVER PULP: You can compost any leftover pulp or freeze into an ice cube try and add to future smoothies. Or, refrigerate and use to steep in things like my Ginger Turmeric Tonic!
- *Nutrition information is a rough estimate with fiber subtracted since the juicer strains the pulp.
- Nutrition (1 of 2 servings)
- Serving: 1 wellness shotCalories: 113Carbohydrates: 27.7 gProtein: 2.8 gFat: 0.9 gSaturated Fat: 0.2 gFiber: 0 gSugar: 9 g