Home>> Quick Hummus Bowl
A hummus bowl makes the best easy lunch or dinner: no cooking required! Layer a dollop with crunchy veggie toppings. Brought to us by A Couple Cooks.
- ⅓ cup hummus
- 8 English cucumber slices (or standard cucumber, peeled)
- 1 handful red onion slices (or shallot)
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 handful Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, to sprinkle (optional or use vegan feta for vegan)
- 1 handful baby greens or chopped lettuce (optional)
- ½ cup cooked rice or packaged pre-cooked rice (optional) or Easy Couscous or Easy Orzo
- 1 pita bread, pita chips, or gluten free crackers
- Optional toppings: Jarred Calabrian chilis or roasted red peppers, caper berries, fresh herbs, frozen or homemade falafel, etc.
- Place greens and rice in the bowl, if using (try packaged pre-cooked rice for a quick shortcut). If using rice, season it with salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Top with hummus, sliced cucumber, sliced red onions, sliced tomatoes, olives and feta cheese. Eat with pita wedges, using the hummus as a dip / dressing for the veggies.
Calories Per Serving: 552
22%Total Fat 17.1g
Saturated Fat 4.5g
31%Total Carbohydrate 86.2g
36%Dietary Fiber 10.1g
23%Vitamin A 203.8µg
28%Vitamin C 25.5mg
1%Vitamin D 0.2µg
44%Vitamin B6 0.7mg
13%Vitamin B12 0.3µg