Looking for a sweet treat that meets your diet? This vegan fudge is a quick and easy recipe that takes less than 5 minutes created by Nora Cooks.
- 32 ounces powdered sugar (1 bag)
- 1 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk (or another plant milk)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Line a 7 x 11 inch or 8 x 8 dish with parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang for easy removal of the fudge later.
TO MAKE IT IN THE MICROWAVE
- Get out a large microwave safe bowl. Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa powder over the bowl (I use a fine mesh strainer for this). Place small spoonfuls or cubes of vegan butter on top of the mixture, all around. Drizzle the milk in as well. Microwave on high power for 4 minutes until the butter has almost melted completely.
- Immediately transfer the bowl to the counter from the microwave, add the vanilla, and stir well until combined. I prefer to use a hand mixer to get any clumps out, but a spoon works as well. Work quickly as it will start to harden pretty fast.
- Stir in any nuts if using. Pour the fudge into the prepared dish, and spread it evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt, if desired. If you want a thicker, taller fudge, use a smaller container like a 8 x 8. For thinner fudge, a 9 x 13 will work. Any size dish you have should be just fine.
- Allow to set for about an hour, I stuck mine in the refrigerator to speed this up, and it only took about an hour.
- Using the parchment paper, lift out of the pan and use a large sharp knife to cut into squares. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. It can also be frozen.
- If you prefer to make it on the stovetop, get out a large pot and sift the powdered sugar and cocoa powder into it. Add the vegan butter, in chunks or spoonfuls, and drizzle in the milk. Heat over medium heat until the butter melts, but do not let the mixture boil or burn. Stir constantly until smooth, then remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Immediately transfer to the prepared dish and chill.