There is nothing like a fresh-squeezed lemonade on a beautiful spring day. Make a pitcher of this to enjoy on your next day out in the sun. Recipe brought to us by Taste Better From Scratch.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice, about 6-8 lemons
- 4 1/2 – 5 cups water, divided
- Combine sugar and 2 cups water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Strain the lemon juice through a fine-mesh sieve into a 2-quart pitcher. Add simple syrup and stir to combine. Refrigerate until cold.
- When ready to serve, add 2 1/2 cups of cold water and stir. Taste, and add more water if it’s too sweet.
- Serve with ice, thinly sliced lemons and fresh mint, if desired.
Makes about 7 cups of lemonade.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 56mg | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 14.9mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.2mg
More lemonade recipes: