Home>> Healthy Breakfast Tacos: Roasted Sweet Potato Poblano
Thanks to Love & Lemons we are able to bring you this healthy and vegetarian breakfast taco recipe that is absolutely delicious. Prepare larger portions to meal prep this tasty breakfast for the week!
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 1 ear of fresh corn, husked
- 1 poblano pepper, stem and ribbing removed, sliced into strips
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tortillas, charred or warmed
- ½ avocado, diced
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsa, for serving
- Microgreens or cilantro, optional
- Hot sauce, optional
- Lime wedges, if desired, for serving
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Instructions for Breakfast Tacos
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Follow the instructions to prepare Tomatillo Salsa and roast those vegetables on the first baking sheet for 15 minutes, or until well-charred. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven heat to 425°F.
- Place the sweet potato cubes on the 2nd baking sheet, and the corn and sliced poblano on the 3rd. Drizzle both sheets of vegetables with olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast the sweet potatoes for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden around the edges, and roast the poblano and corn for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the corn is tender and the poblanos are browned around the edges. Let the corn cool a bit, then remove the kernels using a knife.
- Meanwhile, finish preparing the Tomatillo Salsa. Unwrap the garlic from the foil, peel it, and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the roasted tomatillos, onion, jalapeño, lime juice, and cilantro and pulse to combine. Season to taste. Chill until ready to use.
- Note: If you’re prepping for Breakfast Taco week, reduce the oven temperature to 325°F, and roast your shiitake bacon now. Recipe below. Once cooled, store it in the fridge until ready to use. Otherwise, skip this step.
- When ready to serve, brush a medium nonstick stick skillet lightly with olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add the eggs, let them cook for a few seconds, and then stir and scramble until the eggs until just set.
- Assemble the tacos with the scrambled eggs, corn, sweet potatoes, poblano strips, and avocado. Serve with the Tomatillo Salsa. Top with the microgreens or cilantro and serve with hot sauce and lime wedges, if desired.
What’s awesome about this recipe is you can turn it into a quick and easy meal prep by making bulk portions.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes: