Home>> Pesto Eggs and Toast
This viral TikTok recipe for pesto eggs is wildly flavorful. The eggs are fried in a layer of pesto sauce and served with a spread of goat cheese on some crusty toast. Brought to us by this health table.
This recipe is easy to make and results in a wonderful breakfast or brunch!
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 eggs
- pinch of kosher salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 pieces sourdough bread
- 2 ounces herbed goat’s cheese
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, spread the pesto in a thin layer across the pan.
- When the pesto is warm, crack the eggs into the pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook the eggs for 4 to 5 minutes or until the whites are set and no longer translucent.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread and spread the goat cheese on it.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and place them on the toast.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!