This delicious creamy pumpkin spice latte is vegan and free of refined sugars and processed ingredients. Try this fall favorite recipe created by Vegan Huggs
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice , more if preferred (See note)
- 2 cups soy milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or preferred sweetener), more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2-4 shots brewed espresso (sub ⅓ -½ cup strong-brewed coffee)
- In a small saucepan, warm the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin spice and salt over low heat. Stir constantly to combine well and prevent burning. About 1-2 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add the soy milk. Whisk for 3-4 minutes until heated throughout (don’t boil). Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Place mixture in a blender and blend on high until smooth. (This will make the milk frothy too)
- Add hot espresso to each mug and pour pumpkin spice mixture on top.
- *Optional: Top with vegan whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon and garnish with a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!